A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. ~~ Albert Einstein

2A2 Musiczz

Monday, March 1, 2010

LA home-learning homework(Part 1)

I am now writing from my beloved home, the Hwa Chong Institution Boarding School. The reason for me writing now and not going to school is because it is IT home-learning! For LA lesson, we have to pick 2 task according to my learning profile (which I will show you later) and pick one question to answer for each task. This LA homework is about the contents of the famous novel, ‘To kill a mockingbird’.
According to my obvious profile, my two tasks are Naturalist and Intrapersonal.
In this blog post, I shall be sharing about my task as a naturalist.
The question is ‘Do a research on the natural habitat of mockingbird. In your research, include the kind of flora and fauna you think exist in Maycomb and explain why the mockingbirds live in Maycomb.’
According to my research, the ‘mockingbird’ in the novel ‘To kill a mockingbird’ refers to a Northern mockingbird which has came to Maycomb, Alabama which is located in SOUTHERN America because of harsh weather at that time and migrate to southern places.
According to the novel, Miss Maudie explains to Scout the importance of not shooting a mockingbird. She said that the mockingbird does not disturb us and sing their hearts out for us to hear. This fact is also true in real life and they only attack us when we disturb them.
Year-round the Northern Mockingbird is found in areas with open ground and with shrubby vegetation like hedges, fruiting bushes, and thickets. When foraging on the ground, it prefers grassy areas, rather than bare spots. Common places to find Northern Mockingbirds include parkland, cultivated land, suburban areas and in second growth habitat at low elevations.
According to my research, I think that the trees and fauna which grow in Maycomb are the maple trees and oak trees. I think that the citizens of Maycomb grow maple trees. I also think that they grow oak trees as there is a forest behind Maycomb. I also think that grow rice plants as Maycomb is rather isolated and there are fertile land which they can grow wheat to harvest crops like the Cunninghams in the novel.
As there are insufficient space (for my opinion) and I dislike long essays, I will post my other task on another post, so be sure to look out for it!
Bye readers!
(P.S my computer does not have the snipping tools fuction so I could not upload the picture, sorry for any inconvenience caused)

No comments:

Post a Comment